Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Welcome to Word Canvas

Welcome! I'm Suzy Parish, a Southern Inspirational writer. When I'm not locked in my office wrestling with words, I'm also a wife, mom of three grown daughters, and keeper of two crazy dogs. I look at life as a blank canvas. We each bear the marks of God’s brush-strokes in our lives and like works of art, we can be confident He lovingly paints our lives with colors that are pleasing to Him.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Failures Don't Threaten Him, He's God

She bounces unsteadily across the room, sheer delight painted across her plump cheeks, her tender arms outstretched towards yours. She's never taken a step on her own before and you hold your breath, as if by that one action you can keep her upright.
"Come to Mommy baby!"
Her eleven-month-old legs stutter and splay, and she goes down hard on the floor. Looking up at you she wails her defeat.
You:
A. Turn your back and walk away.She should have gotten it right the first time. Wicked child for wasting your time. You have better things to do than waste your time on such a helpless situation.
B.You run to her and dry her tears and tell her to try again.

No true mother would ever act out the first scenario.
No true father would do anything BUT the second.

To God we are all toddlers, faces smeared with jelly, pudgy hands making a sticky mess of everything we touch. 
We fall down. 
A lot.
And God smiles.
He smiles because we tried.
And if we come to Him, he wipes our sticky faces and hands, and cleans the mess we made on the furniture. He kisses the tops of our heads and says, "Go on baby, you can do it.Try again."

John 6:37

New International Version (NIV)
 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

2 comments:

  1. Had to wipe my eyes after reading this. What an excellent post, and how we all need to read it and remember it again and again. Because we all keep falling down, and we all brace ourselves for disappointment disapproval or rejection from Abba. I love this article, and the scripture verse contains my favoite word from Jesus, "whoever!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzy. What a poignant way to remind us that our Heavenly Father is always faithful, even when we don't get it right.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

Blog has moved, searching new blog...